Sunday, August 18, 2013

Happy Summer.....I Have Been Missing in Action

Boy!  The summer is passing soooo very quickly and it feels like it has barely begun.  The weather is very nice right now but it was so rainy all the way to July and the nights have been in the 50s already for a long time!

And I haven't even had a chance to post though I have been able to make some comments.   It is has been busy and I hope everyone is well and enjoying the summer.  I SHOULD have come back here to let anyone who might be wondering where I am know that I am just fine.

I had 3 weeks vacation and went back to work last week Monday.  Abby spent the 3 weeks at the Rockledge cottage and the first thing I did was get her a furcut!  If you look at the sidebar, if you haven't seen her before her Persian fur is long and rubs everyplace when she walks by.  It is so difficult to be furless around my place AND she is so hot.  Marc and I were calling her Puppy because she looked so different.  What do you think about her new look?

We got her a collar and a leash so she could go out with us.  She loves it outside!  Quite the tail she has...

I was able to finish up painting the trim in the kitchen and paint window sills my project from last year.  I loved being at the lake.
 
Marc had a few days off work and we drove to Salem, Mass which is a town all about witches.  See the cafe across the street? 
Lots of shops about that as well but I didn't want to learn to much about it....just passing through... :o)   
Though Marc did get this picture of me beside one....

We took a 55 minute ferry ride from Salem to Boston and spent an afternoon there.  I'd never been there before.. 
 We also drove through NY and to Kennebunkport, Maine.  We wished we had had a couple more days to explore though.  I will come back and share a little bit more about our trip with you.
 
But I do want to share one funny little story.  So, on the morning we were heading to Boston I put on a striped blue t-shirt and suggested Marc put his golf shirt which had similar colours.  He rolled his eyes but he did.  In Salem we were walking and another couple were way across the street and we hear him yell to us..."Good colour coordination....looking good"!  We laughed at that, because our shirts were blue stripes.
 
After we got off the ferry 6 hours after seeing him....we saw the couple pass us and they were going on the ship...he and Marc looked and pointed at each other and the man said "Still looking good"!  We laughed that he would even remember us.  Later on we were having a drink to cool down at the pier and we asked the waitress to take our picture.  Boy did we laugh when we saw how similar we were dressed.   We should have stood together in front of the mirror before heading out... *s*..
 
Do you ever dress very similary to your sweetie?....or with a friend when you go out someplace?
 
Have a great day....and see you again soon!   Judi xoxo
 
 

8 comments:

Theresa said...

GIRL!!! I should come up there and smack you for staying gone SOOOOOO long:) BUT... I am so happy to see you that I will let it slide this time! I DO dress me and the HUBSTER alike sometimes! I kinda like it that way, hey... it is better than clashing, right? Anyway, I am SUPER happy to see your sweet face and hear your voice thru your typing:) Have a blessed week and you hurry back, ya hear? HUGS!

Anonymous said...

JUDI!!! I'm missed you so much! So glad to hear from you and glad you've had such a wonderful vacation! I've been to much of the same places you've been to. We went to Salem once and just sensed the weirdest feeling. Didn't like it at all. Boston is another story and loved it. We've stayed in Kennebunkport and isn't it a charming little place. I love the street signs. Well, little Miss Abby looks like a little tiger now! :) I'm sure she feels much better with your fur clipped. Again, I'm glad you're back.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Julie said...

Have been missing you , girlfriend! I knew you would eventually resurface! I figured it was all the orders you had gotten taken up all your time!!! :)
Your trip sounded so neat. Can you believe I have never been north of Virginia, or east of Chicago (up in that area of the states anyway). Well, other than airports to travel overseas.
I think you and Marc looked so great in your coordinated shirts! Loads of fun!!!
Oh, and Abby looks like a LION!!! Definately a lion cut! Love that freaking tail!!! What a hoot! Does she mind the collar? Does she have a bell on it? So sweet, Judi! You are the best!
xoxo- Julie

SmilingSally said...

Hi Judi,

Johnny and I went to Boston once and walked the red bricked path. What a nice time we had.

You and Marc are blue enough for Blue Monday. Come on and play!

Lynda said...

I, too, am glad you are back but it sounds like you had a lot of fun! Encountering that couple more than once gave your day more joy. Yes, Bill and I color-coordinate many times - - sometimes purposely and other times by accident or as we say, "Holy Spirit designed."

jeanne, backyard neighbor said...

Hi Judi, Thank you so much for your kind sympathy for my cousin's passing. I have been gone for nearly two weeks. We stayed with Marilyn's husband for several days because his grief was so deep we wanted to not leave him alone. They had a daughter that died in her 40's and he only has a sister that does not live close. A sad time for us all.

I'm glad your summer has been a happy one. So has ours in spite of a lot of rain and my darling cousin passing so suddenly. We have been to Kennebuckport and loved the town. The homes are so charming.

Your Persian cat looks adorable even with her hair cut. My friend had a Persian that had to be shaved and your cat looks far better. That breed of cat is so gorgeous. I am sure she is way more comfortable.

Our weather has been cool at night too. Often in the 50's as well. I wonder what Fall will bring. We already have a wee bit of color.

Wishing you happy days,
Jeanne xo

Unknown said...

You have such a nice cat. She is so pretty.

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Judi,

What a wonderful blog. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas (belated) and a Happy New Year. I don't know if you've started a new blog, but if so let me know.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Retirement Bliss

Again its been quite some time since I have found the time to write on my Blog.  Its great to have you stop by and I welcome your comment. ...